Thursday, March 28, 2013

Update on Project Nani Flamingo 48 Gallon build.

The Rebirth of my sisters aquarium.

The day I've been waiting for,time to bake the donuts!

I started around 5pm on March 16th walking out the door with a big dream and a small budget.

First I headed over to 3rd Coast Corals to visit my new friend Brian. Checked out a few corals ,picked up some live rock and sand. When I went to pay for the items ,I said hey B,I also need some RO Saltwater,50+ gallons.
He said, "yeah I know,no charge."

Soooo that saved me about $75 ,:) think I want that doube head purple tip brancing hammer, two red and green blastos,a reverse superman montipora and some Turban snails.

I ended up pass mid night, sipping a beer on St.Patricks day.
It took about 55 gallons to fill oncee all the live rock and sand is in. Kayla helped me,we made a mess at one point. Wasted about a gallon on the floor when we took a break. My daughter is the bomb bizzo,my sister Nani would really be amazed.

Now fast forward to today.. March 30th..

The sand bed consist of 40 lbs Ocean Direct and a mix of 15 lbs of Flamingo Reef, 5 lbs Sea Floor reef Aragonite all made by Caribsea.
I also have about 15 lbs of Fuji Live rock.

Added some Galveston beach finds to give it that Gulf coast feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment