Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The starter tank

Many moons ago I started out with a ten gallon birthday present and I ain't talking cowboy hats.

Back then it was tadpoles and Bala sharks. Algae suckers that out lived dogs and out grew that ten gallon tank as well.

Who knew a gift from my big brother Ray would root my love for all things aquatic. 
From fishing to staring at my sister Mary Helen's 75 gallon fresh water tank ,if I wanted to relax ,the fish where God's gift to all men for food and enjoyment.
I would sit back and dream about having a saltwater set up like my big brother one day,with creatures of the sea you only saw on National Geographic.
Little did I know at the age of seven I would have that same feeling 30 years later.
 I set a sales goal in the middle of 2012 and started to research nano reef tank set ups. I had a plan and put my efforts in motion, then just prayed about saving up the money. 
BAM!
Meet all my goals and then I got a nice fat xmas bonus. Just enough to buy the tank and stand.
I did more hunting on line and visited local fish stores to get the best deal on a 29 gal Coral Life Biocube.
Found a great deal at www.marinedepot.com . Which saved me around $150 overall compared to others.
Saved me enough money to buy 13 lbs of live Fuji rock, 20lb bag of Caribsea Pacific Black Reef Live sand and 25 gallons of R/O saltwater from T & T Fish and Reef.


 I'm a big Godzilla fan..so in her honor I aquascaped it to look like Godzilla back towards you with her       head turned. I was inspired by the purple on the live rock.


                      The sign my daughter made to keep folks from leaning and touching the tank





                                       Finally my dreams of a nano reef tank have become reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment